Pheasant breasts with lemon, thyme and chilli
Prep: 5 mins plus 30 minutes marinating
Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 pheasant breasts, skin on or off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced 3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until smoking hot then add the pheasant and cook for 8 Ė 10 minutes turning once until browned and cooked through so the juices run clear from the meat. Transfer to a board and cover loosely and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Add the lemon slices to the pan and cook quickly on both sides over a high heat until charred. Serve with the pheasant. I serve them with oven cooked sweet potato wedges and a big rocket or watercress salad..
This recipe was provided by Mary Gwynn, a local author and food writer. She writes regularly for Waitrose Weekend newspaper and has published several cookery books, including The WI Cookbook: The First 100 Years and The Busy Mumís Cookbook. She is on the committee of Penshurst Farmers Market.